My AR friend, Nicole Weidauer, tagged me with this one.
Here are the rules:
1. Create a blog post with a link to the person who so happily tagged you. --> (pictured on the right)
2. List all of these rules in the post. Feel free to cut and paste this.
3. Share seven things that others may not know about you. Do I or have I HAD a life outside of real estate?
4. Identify seven friends, contacts or near enemies in which to adorn this MEME. Tag them at the end of the post and give a link to their blog.
5. Contact each of the tagged members and let them know that you were indeed fast enough to catch them and that you did indeed tag them...no matter how much they say you missed them! No schoolyard rules in this MEME, nope you gotta do it if you are tagged.
Now, here are my little known facts about me:
1. My first job in high school was piercing ears for an accessories store at the local mall. I live close to a military base so had a lot of military guys that would come in and then a lot of baby girls too.
2. I bought my first house when I was 24 years old. I still own that house and it's a rental and it will be paid off in less than 8 years.
3. My first big awakening in my adult life came when I was introduced to Financial Peace University through my church. Now I'm a big Dave Ramsey fan. I always thought I handled money pretty well but love how Dave packaged "common sense" and sold it. It has changed our lives. My husband and I became consumer debt free at the age of 30 years old. Our next goal is to pay off the mortgage on our home and our rental properties.
4. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a veterinarian. In high school, I decided I wanted to run for mayor, governor, and then President. That's why I pursued a Bachelors in Political Science and Master in Public Administration.
5. I love to travel and see new places. It is my goal to visit at least one new place every two years. So far, I've been to Venezuela, Utila, South Africa, Italy, and Jamaica. This year, we are planning 7 days in Bermuda.
6. I love playing golf with my husband. I started playing before we dated and he bought a set of clubs during our courtship so we could spend more time together. We don't seem to get to do it as often as we'd like, but that is a goal this year...to spend more time with Chris on the golf course.
7. Most people know that I'm a very goal oriented person. I cut out photos to represent my goals and post them on my vision board which is next to my desk. One of my favorite times of the year is the end of one year and the beginning of the next when I reflect on goals I achieved and the new ones I'll make. Since I started my vision board in 2004, I have achieve 90% of my goals each year.
Here are my picks:
Thanks for the opportunity to share a bit about myself.