Did you know that when you call on a real estate agent, you are a CUSTOMER. Did you know you are treated differently depending on if you are a customer or client? How do you become a CLIENT? Just like a seller becomes a client by signing an agreement with the listing agent, you can gain client level services of a real estate agent and be protected as a client. A buyer becomes a client by signing a written agreement spelling out the terms in a Buyer's Agency Contract. Clients receive more services that customers.
South Carolina Agency Law specifies that once a customer becomes a client, there are 6 client level services that must be provided.
1. Undivided Loyalty provides that the agent will only act in your best interest.
2. Obedience to Lawful Instructions requires the agent to carry out all lawful instructions from you.
3. Full Disclosure compels the agent to disclose all information concerning your home purchase including any material facts known and any information that might effect your use and enjoyment. This includes anything the seller's agent shares with the buyer's agent: including but not limited to seller motivation, price the seller paid, history of the listing, and any potential problems in the neighborhood, etc.
4. Confidentiality forbids an agent from disclosing ANY confidential information (unless required by law) obtained from you including but not limited to the price you are willing to pay, the amount of mortgage you are actually qualified for, or how much cash you have.
5. Reasonable Skill and Care demands the agent protect you from foreseeable risks and to recommend that you obtain expert advice when your needs are outside the scope of the agent's expertise i.e. home inspection, termite inspection, attorney, etc.
6. Accountability compels the agent to properly handle all money received (earnest money) and advise you of all fees involved in the real estate transaction including but not limited to inspection fees, appraisal, termite report, earnest money, etc.
If you work with the Charleston Relocation Experts Team, both services cost the same...FREE. Would you rather be a customer or a client?
Michele Reneau - Military Relocation Specialist in North Charleston, SC.
Contact Michele Reneau, Realtor®, North Charleston, SC Relocation Expert, CRS, GRI, ABR. Licensed Realtor® in South Carolina at 843-572-0518 to list your property for sale or to purchase real estate in Charleston, Goose Creek, Summerville, North Charleston, Hanahan, Mount Pleasant and the surrounding areas in Charleston County, Berkeley County or Dorchester County, South Carolina. The Charleston Relocation Expert specializes in military relocation, first time homebuyers and creating marketing exposure to sell your home in the Charleston SC Real Estate market. I can also be contacted by email at email@example.com. To view all Charleston Metro area Homes for Sale Click Here and then click on Search for Homes. With over 25 years of Lowcountry Living, I know the Charleston Metro area. I will help you get your home sold and/or help you buy your Charleston home or land.